Sally Stratton Woodward
Integrative Psychotherapist and EMDR Practitioner
Sally has extensive experience working in multi-disciplinary teams in the medical sector, both in Primary and Secondary care, as well as maintaining a lively private practice for over 20 years.
Her work has incorporated referrals from pain consultants in Cambridge, Harley Street, Cambridgeshire Constabulary, Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service, British Rail,and Peterborough Rape Crisis.
Whilst based in Cambridgeshire, she worked alongside medics treating military personel, including the Army, RAF Brampton, Lakenheath, Marham and the MOD. During this time she worked with hostages, war veterans and victims of violence.
As a result she has developed a special interest in trauma, CPTSD, PTSD, sexual abuse, domestic violence, bereavement and relationship difficulties. She has developed her practice to work with these issues, by incorporating Integrative Psychotherapy and EMDR, to tailor the therapy to the needs of the client.
Sally draws from psychoanaytical perspectives, attachment -focussed EMDR and developmental theories, and has a warm, inclusive, holistic approach, enabling her to work in a relational way.
Sally is currently on the panel of the EMDR Association East Anglia Regional Steering Group Committee
- Psychotherapist and EMDR Practitioner at Great Massingham G.P. Practice.
- Supervisor for psychotherapy students; psychotherapists; G.P’s and nurses.
- Private psychotherapy and EMDR practice
- Tutor for Mind/body Programme
- Msc. EMDR Worcester University
- Attachment Focussed EMDR London/Liverpool
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- 2018 EMDR 4 Part Accredited Training Programme (EMDR Works London) (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing – Empirically validated treatment, supported by NICE & WHO.)
- 2010 Advanced NLP Course (PPTI London)
- 2010 Master Practitioner Training in NLP (PPTI London)
- 2009 Lightning Process Practitioner (PPTI London)
- 2009 Dip NLP, Hypnotherapy and Life Coaching (PPTI London)
- 2005 Post grad. Dip. In Psychodynamic Supervision (Westminster Pastoral Foundation) Surrey University
- 2002 Dip. in Psychodynamic Supervision (Westminster Pastoral Foundation) Surrey University
- 1999 Diploma for Group Facilitation at Institute of Group Analysis. London
- 1998 Advanced training for U.K.C.P. Registration in Integrative Psychotherapy (SPTI) Nottingham.
- Trauma psychotherapist for Cambridgeshire Constabulary and Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service.
- Trauma psychotherapist for Pain Consultants Harley Street and Cambridge.
- Academic supervision for counsellors working towards BACP Accreditation; Supervision for graduate counsellors for Bedford Counselling Centre; Supervision of G.P.counsellors.
- Trainer and seminar tutor for Cambridgeshire Consultancy in Counselling.
- Psychotherapist for the staff and students of Clare College Cambridge.
- Psychology therapist at Peterborough District Hospital Psychology Unit.
- Seminar Tutor and experiential group Facilitator for the Cambridgeshire Consultancy Psychodynamic Counselling Course.
- Set up a youth counselling scheme for young people 11-16 at The Sir Harry Smith School Whittlesey.
- Trainer/facilitator on bereavement education course run by Huntingdon Cruse.
- Trainer for volunteers for Peterborough Rape Crisis.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP & ORGANISATIONS
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (Accredited)
- EMDR Association UK & Ireland Association (Member)