Julie has recently qualified as an Occupational Therapist, completing her bachelor’s degree in August 2019 with the University of East Anglia.
Julie has developed her occupational therapy skills and training in physical and mental health and well-being areas such as: eating disorders, hand therapy, acute medical units and children and adolescents’ community mental health services.
Over the last twenty years Julie’s work experience has been mainly involved in supporting children who have additional needs and supporting them to overcome their specific barriers to learning within mainstream education. She has worked at infant, junior and high schools in the local area and has also supported children and adolescents who have had emotional and traumatic histories and behavioural difficulties.
Julie will continue to work as an Occupational Therapist for Norfolk County Council Social Services Adult and Disability workforce and is looking forward to providing Occupational Therapy at Verbatim, within a multi-disciplinary team, helping all people to achieve as much as they can for themselves with guidance and support.
- BSc Occupational Therapy – University of East Anglia
- Access to Health Sciences – Norwich College
- NVQ 3 – Advanced Certificate in Learning Support
- 2017 – All Saints, Stibbard Primary School: Teaching Assistant
- 2016 – Earthsea School: Teaching Assistant
- 2007 -2015 – Fakenham Academy: Teaching Assistant
- 2001 – 2005 – Fakenham High School: Teaching Assistant
- 1998 – 2001 – Fakenham Junior School: Special Educational Needs Learning Support Assistant.
MEMBERSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Health Care Professional Council registered.
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists professional member.