Julia Brown MA, BA, DIPSW.
Forensic Social Worker
Julia joined Verbatim as a consultant forensic/social worker in 2017. Julia’s career in Social Care spans over many years beginning in 1983 on working parties around the Children Act 1989 and working in therapeutic communities. Julia has experienced, management, projects, Health and Social Care roles and residential environments with children, young people, people with learning disabilities, mental health, forensic, domestic violence< life story work. Julia is registered with HCPC Health and Care Professionals Council as a Social Worker (Independent) and a member of BASW British Association of Social Workers and the Social Workers union.
Julia’s areas of specialism are the autism spectrum, ADHD & ADD, Dyslexia, dyspraxia, forensic and behavioural issues. Learning about a person’s ‘quirks’, ways, experiences are all vital in building that therapeutic, professional relationship.
- Master’s Degree (MA) Advanced Social Work: Mental Health (Consolidated Module 1&2), Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) Training, Advanced Post Qualifying Practice Education
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) Children and Families specialist
- DIPSW – Diploma in Social Work.
- City & Guilds 731-4 Teaching People with learning disabilities.
- Part time qualified Youth worker – club, street and detached work.