Jim Rymer MSc. BSc. BA
Verbatim Therapy Director
Forensic Psychotherapist & Psychologist
Jim is a Forensic Psychotherapist and Psychologist and a Master Practitioner of Clinical Hypnotherapy. He has specialist interest in aggression, disruptive behaviour, sexualised behaviour in young people and adolescents and enjoys working with creative arts therapies. Jim Lectures through the UK and Europe.
- MSc Child Forensic Studies (Psychology & Law) Portsmouth University
- BSc (Hons) Middlesex University Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy (UKCP Accredited. Psychotherapeutic Therapist)
- BA Theatre Studies Manchester University Rose Bruford College.
- Post Grad in Forensic Psychotherapy NHS Tavistock & Portman Clinic London
- Post Grad in Clinical Supervision Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Post-Grad Foundation in Art Therapy Eastern Tree Training Institute.
- Master Practitioner in Hypnotherapy American Association of Hypnotherapists
- Co-Founder and Director Verbatim Therapy and Consultancy;
- Consultant in Mental Health with Break Therapeutic Fostering Service
- Senior Lecturer in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy for WHCM. (Anglia Ruskin University)
- Lecturer on the BSc Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy course Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy (Validated through Middlesex University)
- Training and Development officer for Break Charity Norwich.
- Fakenham Academy Cluster Therapist,
- King Edward VII Academy Cluster Therapist,
- Therapist for St Michaels Specialist Recourse Base (Learning & Behaviour) Pupil Referral Unit.
- Integrative Group Therapist Omnia Residential Home Norwich.
- PATHS Coach & Schools Co-ordinator Norfolk. (Providing Alternative Thinking Strategies) Children’s Services Norfolk.
- Consultant Specialist Integrative Therapist for severely disturbed youth, Children’s Services Norfolk
- Integrative Therapist using Creative Arts Therapies, Art & Drama. NHS Hellesdon Hospital. LSU. (Forensic Units)
- Specialist Creative Arts group Therapist Thurlow House NHS Family Referral unit Kings Lynn.
Jim is studying for a second Master’s degree in Applied Psychology with a specialist interest in Forensic applications with young people, Aberdeen University.
Membership of Learned Organisations
- Senior Member of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of the International Association of Forensic Psychotherapists
- UKCP Accredited Psychotherapeutic Therapist.