Jim Rymer MSc. BSc. BA
Verbatim Therapy Director
Jim is a qualified Integrative Psychotherapist and a member of the British Psychological Society. He also holds a Master Practitioner of Clinical Hypnotherapy qualification. Jim has an MSc in Child Forensic Studies (Psychology & Law) and has a special interest in aggression, disruptive and sexualised behavior in young people and adolescents.
He enjoys working with creative arts therapies. Jim has held positions as a senior lecturer in two UK Universities and continues to lecture through the UK and Europe.
- MSc Child Forensic Studies (Psychology & Law) Portsmouth University
- BSc (Hons) Middlesex University Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- BA Theatre Studies Manchester University Rose Bruford College.
- Post Grad in Forensic Psychotherapy NHS Tavistock & Portman Clinic London
- Post Grad in Clinical Supervision Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Post-Grad Foundation in Art Therapy Eastern Tree Training Institute.
- Master Practitioner in Hypnotherapy American Association of Hypnotherapists
- Post Graduate Certificate in Applied Psychology Aberdeen University
- Co-Founder and Director Verbatim Therapy and Consultancy;
- Consultant in Mental Health with Break Therapeutic Fostering Service
- Senior Lecturer in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy for WHCM. (Anglia Ruskin University)
- Lecturer on the BSc Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy course Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy (Validated through Middlesex University)
- Training and Development officer for Break Charity Norwich.
- Fakenham Academy Cluster Therapist,
- King Edward VII Academy Cluster Therapist,
- Therapist for St Michaels Specialist Recourse Base (Learning & Behaviour) Pupil Referral Unit.
- Integrative Group Therapist Omnia Residential Home Norwich.
- PATHS Coach & Schools Co-ordinator Norfolk. (Providing Alternative Thinking Strategies) Children’s Services Norfolk.
- Consultant Specialist Integrative Therapist for severely disturbed youth, Children’s Services Norfolk
- Integrative Therapist using Creative Arts Therapies, Art & Drama. NHS Hellesdon Hospital. LSU. (Forensic Units)
- Specialist Creative Arts group Therapist Thurlow House NHS Family Referral unit Kings Lynn.
Membership of Learned Organisations
- Senior Member of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of the International Association of Forensic Psychotherapists