Ellen O’Malley BSc. BA Hons Ed QTS
Verbatim Therapy Director
Integrative therapist & Special Educational Needs Consultant
Mrs Ellen O’Malley is an integrative psychotherapist specialising in trauma, anxiety, suicidal ideation & self–harm with children, young people and adults.
She uses a range of therapeutic interventions including: creative arts; walking therapy; outdoor and indoor play based therapies.
She has been a lecturer with Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy for Middlesex University. She is a co-founder and director of Verbatim and is a specialist Therapeutic Tutor.
Her past roles include the Fakenham SEND Cluster Manager (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) For ten years, Ellen was part of the Norfolk Children’s’ Education Psychology and Specialist Support services as an Advisory Support Teacher. She was a member of Norfolk’s Critical Incident Team. Prior to this, Ellen taught in both mainstream and specialist schools in England, Europe and the USA. Ellen is a Consultant for Love Dyslexia and E-Voice in Cambridge offering assessments, training and work place mentoring.
- BSc (Hons) Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy,
- BA (Hons) Ed. (QTS)
- Diploma in Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
- Post Grad Cert Solution Focused Therapy.
- Post Grad Cert in Literacy Difficulties
- Post Grad Cert in Behavioural difficulties (Children)
- Post Grad Cert in Dyscalculia
- Currently completing her MEd in Education.
Professional membership & organisations:
- Practitioner & Specialist Teacher of Dyslexia (British Dyslexia Association: cert 5003)
- Practitioner Clinical Hypnotherapy AACH (American Association of Clinical Hypnotherapy)
- United Kingdom Counsel for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Senior Associate for the Royal Society of Medicine – no: 00716995