Clarissa joins our multi-disciplinary team bringing over 25 years of experience in health and social care, working in a variety of roles and settings including leadership and training.
Clarissa underpins her work with a psychoanalytic approach but uses other models as appropriate. She seeks to work collaboratively with her clients and their significant others as well as any supporting agencies involved.
Experience: knowledge & skills
Clarissa’s pathway to the Family Practitioner role comes through working with families and infants as a Breastfeeding Counsellor (person centred model) practicing with the National Childbirth Trust (NCT) where she was an elected Trustee on the NCT’s Trustee Board.
Clarissa is now developing her interest in working with young families by offering therapeutic collaboration to families experiencing difficulties with the transition into parenthood and the parenting role. She has also worked with BestBeginnings supporting learning for health care professionals and children’s centre staff with early years parenting.
Clarissa also brings expertise from TimeNorfolk where she trained and worked in pregnancy loss and bereavement issues.
Clarissa has worked in acute and specialist psychiatric wards, in social care, supported housing and advocacy roles. This has seen her practice at The Maudsley Hospital as well as working with patients from the three Special hospitals Broadmoor, Ashworth and Rampton.
Clarissa has worked with challenging behaviour, adolescents, high dependency, brain Injury, epilepsy, mentally disordered offenders; BAME mental health, young care leavers, substance misuse, supported housing, women only services and Mencap. Additionally, Clarissa also has experience of supervised contact and enhances this with reflective sessions to develop parentcraft. Clarissa is also able to offer Life Story work.
Clarissa is currently studying for an MA in Practice Based Play Therapy.
- PgCert Working with Children, Young People and Families: A Psychoanalytic Observational Approach at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, London.
- Trauma, Neglect and Building Resilience Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, London
- Life story work: Enhancing confidence in direct work with children and the creation of good quality life books Coram Baaf
- PgDip Community Development
- DipHe Breastfeeding Counselling
- Time Norfolk Pregnancy Loss Support Core Training
- Food Hygiene
- Workplace fire safety
- Emergency first aid at work
- Introduction to Sensory Processing Making Sense of Play – Sensory Education Network
- Prevent Duty – Prevent Home Office E-Learning
- National Directory of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- PTUK Play Therapy United Kingdom